Cloud computing is on the rise for a while now and is increasingly gaining acceptance and popularity with many business organizations world over who are opting to shift their data to the cloud. So, while Cloud Computing certainly has multitudinous benefits to offer there is also this huge challenge on the security front for almost all organisations of varying sizes thanks in big part to malicious malware that is rampantly used by the nuisance mongers and ransomware perpetrators.
Here is what do you need to know about SAAS.
SAAS or Security As A Service has been introduced to address the problem of data security on the cloud. SAAS is a subcategory of the software as a service market. SAAS basically serves as an outsourcing model for security management. The services provided in SAAS may vary from customized anti-virus software and all the way to in-house security management.
For companies that think on the lines that it is an unnecessary expenditure to spend on comprehensive security, SAAS provides them with an opportunity to focus only on their core competencies to avoid getting into the trouble with security issues. That is also the reason why even though SAAS is only a relatively new field, it has already created quite a storm and is now worth more than $30 billion industry and is expected to pass $150 billion by the year 2020.
Why must you consider jumping on to the SAAS bandwagon?
We at BIZ-LYNX Technology can offer great benefits for your company:
- If you are a business organizations that needs high-level security but lack funds or the required expertise to have a security team of your own; SAAS is a perfect service to opt for;
- If you are an organisation that needs qualified security experts that can design, deploy and support your security system as per the requirement of your clients seeking your services;
- If you do not want to be dependent on any user compliant systems and seek automatic security updates;
- We can provide your company with a web interface or console for administration purpose. This will enable the staff to not only control the company’s visibility but also help them in editing of the data and that too without prior specialized knowledge in Information technology;
- The expenditure in opting for SAAS is limited because of the fact that there is no licensing fee required nor any special hardware involved. The nitty gritties if any is all handled by SAAS providers.
- The service is available on demand which can directly improve speed, scalability, and agility leading to manifold increase in the productivity of the company employing such forward looking technology.
At BIZ-LYNX Technology, we provide a wide range of SAAS solutions ranging from comprehensive security packages to specialized services for email encryption and endpoint device protection.
SAAS and Email Security
Companies seeking email based security can find our SAAS to be a great tool to not only mitigate the risk of malicious attacks but totally avoid phishing scams too. The Cloud service provider can also additionally provide network scanning protection and specialized security services including
- specialized security services include spam and virus detection;
- constant access to email even when the primary email server is down;
- real-time malware detection and
- anti-fraud features to detect spam, etc.
In conclusion, we can safely say that SAAS (Security As A Service) not only aids companies to effectively respond to the variety of security threats that have the potential to affect and damage the integrity, confidentiality and the availability of the data, infrastructure, and applications but it is also a great alternative to hiring and maintaining a dedicated security expert team to keep the security concerns at bay.
What is SAAS (security as a service)?
To cater to security concerns, SAAS (security as a service) was introduced. Security as a service is basically a subcategory of the software as a service market. SAAS is an outsourcing model for security management. The services provided in the SAAS can vary from customized anti-virus software to in-house security management. For many companies, that consider spending a fortune on security an unnecessary hassle, SAAS provide them the opportunity to just focus on their core competencies without getting into the trouble of security issues. That’s why, although SAAS is a relatively new market, already it’s worth more than $30 billion and it is expected to surpass $150 billion by 2020.
Why can SAAS be highly beneficial for your company?
At BIZ-LYNX Technology, we can offer great benefits for companies such as:
- For businesses or organizations that need high-level security but lack funds or expertise to have a security team of their own, SAAS is the perfect service for these companies to avail.
- SAAS typically consist of qualified security experts that can design, deploy or support the security system as per the requirement of the company seeking their services.
- No dependencies on user compliance as the security updates are automatic.
- Many SAAS providers provide a web interface or console for the administration purpose. This means that the company can control the visibility and editing of their data without prior specialized information technology knowledge.
- There are no licensing fees or hardware costs involved as it is all handled by SAAS providers
- SAAS can be available as per the demand which could directly enhance the speed, scalability, and agility.
At BIZ-LYNX Technology we provide a wide range of SAAS solutions. It can range from the comprehensive security packages to specialized services for emails encryption and endpoint device protection.
For companies that are seeking email based security, SAAS can be a great solution provider to mitigate the risk of malicious attacks and avoid phishing scams. Cloud service providers can also provide network scanning protection and specialized security services. These specialized security services include spam and virus detection, constant access to email even when the primary email server is down, real-time malware detection, and anti-fraud features to detect spam.
In all, SAAS (security as a service) can aid companies to effectively respond to the variety of security threats, which can affect or damage the integrity, confidentiality and the availability of the data, infrastructure, and applications. It’s a great alternative to hiring and maintaining security expert team and keeping the security concerns at bay.
Some of the Vendor Solutions offered by BIZ-LYNX Technology
At BIZ-LYNX Technology we are able to provide a security solution tailored to your needs and through strong vendor partnerships can leverage the latest in technology tools ensuring your organisation reduces its risk footprint. Organisations too often neglect security saying it wont happen to them or why would they be targeted or we don’t have the budget right now – how much would it cost your business to have its data encrypted, backups compromised, entire computer fleet unable to boot from BIOS, website compromised or even client information publicly shared all pointing back to insecure methods of data retention – these and more are a daily occurrence. WannaCry and others highlighted that even a single owner operator business with an old copy of Windows can be impacted.
Trend Hosted Email Security
- Protects web, file sharing, and more
- Filters URLs by blocking access to inappropriate websites, increasing employee productivity
- Prevents data loss via USB drives
- Blocks spam and safeguards against phishing as well as social engineering attacks
- Protects Windows, Mac, and mobile devices
- Web management console hosted by Trend Micro, can be accessed anywhere via internet
- Server and maintenance free
- Automatic updates and patches pushed to users
- Policy settings can be pushed to users anywhere
- Installs easily and is simple to use — Just register, login, connect to protect. Register online and receive instant access to the service. Then, simply connect each machine.
- Provides centralized visibility and control
- Provides protection with limited impact on performance
- Proactively stops threats before they can reach the business, limiting the impact on your systems
Checkpoint Endpoint Protection
BIZ-LYNX Hosted endpoint protection or on premise endpoint protection and management – the choice is yours.
Through the Unified Endpoint Security Management customers are provided a full suite of Endpoint Security Software Blades are managed under one console and server by the Endpoint Policy Management Software Blade, providing:
- Full Disk Encryption: Combines pre-boot protection, boot authentication and strong encryption to make sure that only authorized users are given access to information stored on desktops and laptops.
- Media Encryption and Port Protection: Protects data stored on the computers by encrypting removable media devices and allowing tight control over computers’ ports (USB, Bluetooth and so on).
- Capsule Docs: Capsule Docs is a secure mobile document management system that follows your documents wherever they go, making sure you have complete control over who is accessing sensitive data and what they can do with it.
- Remote Access VPN: Provide secure, seamless access to corporate networks remotely
- Anti-Malware: Protect endpoints from unknown viruses, worms, and Trojan horse malware.
- Firewall and Compliance Check: Stop unwanted traffic, prevent malware and block targeted attacks and ensuring that protected computers comply with your organization’s security requirements and assign different security levels according to the compliance state of the endpoint computer.
- SandBlast Agent: SandBlast Agent defends endpoints with a complete set of real-time advanced protection technologies, including Threat Emulation, Threat Extraction, Anti-Ransomware, Anti-Bot, Zero Phishing and Automated Incident Analysis.
BIZ-LYNX Technology also provides full network security product solutions from Checkpoint including Gateway Security suite including URL, AntiBot, Next Generation firewall, Data Loss Prevention and many more from this leading security solutions vendor.
CISCO Security Suite of Products
BIZ-LYNX Technology provides both on premise and hosted solutions from the complete range of CISCO security offerings including but not limited to the following;
- Network Security
- Access Control and Policy
- Email Security
- Next Generation Firewalls
- VPN and Endpoint Clients
- Web Security
- Advanced Malware Protection
- And heaps more!
Contact us today to discuss how we can help.