The term SPLA stands for Service Provider Licensing Agreement. SPLA software is defined as “A licensing program that enables service providers and ISVs with a hosted offering to license Microsoft products on a monthly basis to provide services and hosted applications to their end customers.” (Source: Microsoft) BIZ-LYNX Technology is a certified SPLA partner and provider.
Any customer that wishes to use a hosting provider and not BYO hardware must use SPLA licensing for most Microsoft products.
As per Microsoft Licensing requirements, customers cannot for example, use shared hardware such as a SAN or physical servers and bring their own licenses of Microsoft Office, they must use a SPLA license from their hosting provider. There are some exceptions for limited Microsoft products.
BIZ-LYNX Technology can assist you with your licensing obligations and requirements to ensure compliance.
What are the SPLA Licensing Models?
The two licensing models under the SPLA are:
- Per-subscriber model: In this model, per-subscriber is required for the each user of the licensed product, and it does not reuire andy separate server license;
- Per-processor model: This model allows an unlimited number of users to access the software installed on a given processor.
The Benefits that accrue because of SPLA:
- There are no upfront costs absolutely and whatsoever in using SPLA program.
- The companies have access to all the latest versions of the product for as long as they keep paying for the licences;
- SPLA is a flexible program and allows users to scale up and down on a monthly basis;
- The Company provides 60 days trial period by SPLA for every new deployment. This excellent scheme means that the service provider can deploy and test solutions for a new customer without incurring any licensing cost from Microsoft!
Volume Licensing Solutions
BIZ-LYNX Technology is a Volume Licensing Microsoft Authorised partner. Volume licenses are required for on premises or customer co location where they bring their own devices. BIZ-LYNX Technology can provide the most appropriate volume licensing solution and / or renewal for your requirements.
Let’s discuss how we can help.